Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Carpark Nonsense

Rewind the clock back to the month of March of 2009. It was just like any other normal college day. Come to college, attend lessons, go for lunch, then attend more lessons, and before I knew it, its time to leave already. So as usual, I walk up to the car park, insert the parking ticket to the ticketing machine. As usual, the machine would be yapping all the nonsense. “Please insert your ticket”, “please insert the amount of money shown on the display”. As usual, the screen displays “RM3.50”, and AS USUAL, the machine won’t accept paper currency, only coins! I’ve bloody encountered this a million times since I got to TCSH, and it has been a real spoiler to the otherwise very calm and serene atmosphere here.

I mean, collecting money is the very basics of doing business. If you can’t even collect money effectively, then YOU’VE FAILLED!! GO BACK TO KINDER!! What’s more, it's not like I'm not willing to pay, and this is sad. And don’t get me started with big headed guards who thinks (or pretends) to understand English, or the hopelessly-positioned exit ticketing machine. Its already absurd to charge such high rates on weekdays (2 bucks for first two hours, 50c for subsequent hour) and really obvious price discrimination (1 dollar per entry for weekends!!), and they still make us climb extra flight of stairs and drive further just to pay the fees, then make our exit a test of skills (or my patience, at least). This is rubbish.

No comments:

Post a Comment