Saturday, July 4, 2009

Kuantan Trip (Final)

I got home yesterday evening. Had to leave due to (UN)foreseen circumstances. Or maybe I was just plain tempted to leave anyway, not that I really mean it.

I took the 1.30pm bus, so it was quite a hurry to leave (I had to pack my clothes, eat durians, and play Midnight Racing once more in less than 45 minutes). Anyway, I got to the station on time, and looking forward to reaching KL.

The bus however was slightly depressing. To begin with, the air conditioner at the rear wasn’t working (yaya, sudah buka AUTO, belum start lagi, Mr. Driver said). Then, it was driven slowly on the highway (to my relief), but at Karak Highway, it picked up speed (not to my relief), and it was overtaking everything in its path. It even raced an empty dumptruck and a one-tonne lorry.

Soon the brakes were starting to smoke, and the whole cabin is filled with scents of freshly charred brake pads. What happens next is something I’ll never forget. Smelling the scent, the other (uninformed) passengers started to panic. But instead of trying to find out what’s that smell, they all started to shut their air con vents, so it ended up being hot AND smoky at the same time. Only after a while that a dude went to ask the driver about the scent, and being informed that it was the brakes, only they started opening up the vents again.

I got back to KL at about 7pm, and really had no mood to go out that night, except for a short meet up with my primary school friends in 1U. So, if you are reading this, Kelvin, I’m sorry I couldn’t make it to your party. In simpler terms, I didn’t want to spoil it.

So much for a holiday, and it turns to be otherwise.

No comments:

Post a Comment