Friday, July 31, 2009

PC Fair 2009

I went to PC Fair today with good old friend Zhee Chuan. I bought what I wanted, and had kinda great time, but I cant say if I had a good day.

It started with the train. I got into it at bout 12, and expecting myself to be meeting up with ZC at the promised 12.40, latest. However, it felt like Mr. Driver was having his nasi lemak at the wheel, as the train occasionally cruised at walking pace (okay, I’m lying. I could walk faster than the train) and at other times, sped at full speed, and it felt like it couldn’t brake on time at the next stop. Never mind, I could be easily spotted at KLCC as the idiot who ran all the way from the train station to the Kinokuniya bookstore at the top floor.

And so I met up with ZC, albeit being bout 10 minutes late, and we proceeded to the food court. Once again, out of luck. The place was packed like Genting on the first day of Chinese New Year, and we spent a good 10mins searching for a seat. Still no luck, so we had to head to Burger King for lunch.

There, because ZC bought the meals, I thought I’d get him the self-serving drinks. but at the drink dispenser, sits probably the stupidest ice dispenser in the universe. The dumb machine is precisely built in a way that as you press the dispenser with the cup to fill it up with ice, none of the ice would flow into the cup. Instead, all the large chunks would narrowly escape the lip of the cup and fall onto the floor, and only the small, miserable pieces would fall in. So, I used my hand to push the dispenser with my hands, only to DISPENSE some purple F&N onto my hands. My mistake, of course, but guess what? When it dried up, it left a stain on my hand. Its almost 8 hours later, and I still cant get the stain off. The bigger problem? I drank a cup of it. Stupid.

After lunch, we headed to the Convention Centre, and got up the escalator. Suddenly the bloody escalator stopped. (Probably due to overloading) I lost my balance, and although I managed to skillfully avoid the butt in front of me, the escalator still drew blood, and I had a small cut on my leg. My luck, I guess.

Things went for the better as we headed into the exhibition halls. I managed to get myself a headset, a SonicGear noise isolation earphones, while ZC had all the info he’s looking for. I also managed to convince the salesgirl that I didn’t need another SonicGear earphones (I only have one me, one MP3 player, and 2 ears, not 4, so, sorry….). But it didn’t go as well as I wanted too, for my battery went low when a bunch of Avira models were available for photographs, so nothing for you guys to feast your eyes upon. And then there’s the weirdest advertisement I’ve ever came across.

What have they done to the biggest action star from Hong Kong? Of course, it looks kinda cool, but what has martial arts has gotta do with antivirus?

Anyway, it was good outing, but the drawn blood was really unnecessary, Mr. Convention Centre.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, u found the vid already? That was fast.

    Sorry, forgot to call u,Michl. I maybe going tommorrow to buy camera.

    ReplyDelete